Advisor to the board
- The Netherlands, Vleuten
- Work experience
- Project Management, Product Management
What wil you do?
Are you an accomplished professional who has already taken significant career steps and looking for the ultimate steppingstone to a leadership role? Verder Group is looking for an exceptional individual who possesses both a finance and engineering background to join our team as Advisor to the Board. If you are ready to embrace a new challenge and make a lasting impact, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for! Join Verder Group as Advisor to the Board, providing invaluable support to our co-CEO's. Utilize your exceptional organizational skills, proactive approach, and data analysis abilities to manage initiatives and projects, including efficiency awards and AI roundtable. Join us to shape the future and make a change!
In this role your responsibilities are:
In this role your responsibilities are:
- Act as a liaison between the co-CEO's and other stakeholders, fostering clear and efficient communication between Verder International and its divisions and/or companies.
- Collaborate on the everyday action items of the co-CEO's, such as working with managers on preparation and follow-up on day-to-day business decisions and project coordination.
- Provide critical (risk) analysis or executive summary to the co-CEO's to help them make informed decisions that align with the organization's objectives.
- Offer support when issues arise, ensuring that the organization responds quickly and effectively to mitigate any negative impact.
- Assist co-CEO's with scheduling to make the most of their time and everything runs smoothly and efficiently. You schedule meetings and travel or delegate those duties to the Executive assistant.
- Attend supervisory board, management team meetings and other meetings if needed, and ensure adequate follow-up on the agreed action items.
- Identify and provide recommendations on improvements across the organization, communicate the pertinent details to the co-CEO's enabling an adequate follow-up.
- Assess the work required, cost, timing and risk to achieve a project or new initiative from the co-CEO's and then facilitate and oversee the project to completion.
Who are you?
- Master's degree in business administration or related field combined with engineering degree.
- At least 6-8 years work experience in a business role in an international for-profit environment, specifically overseeing multiple projects with an emphasis on analysis & factual justification, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as you’re the link between management team and the rest of the staff.
- Strong project management skills to plan, oversee and implement initiatives and/or decision.
- Drive to leverage new technologies in the work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English, and preferably German.
- Solid understanding of Verder Group’s business and industry, including financial management, budgeting, and forecasting.
Who are we?
The Verder Group is a dynamic and financially robust international family-owned company. We focus on the global development and distribution of activities related to sample preparation of solids, analytical technologies, laboratory equipment (Scientific division), as well as specialized pump technologies for the industrial and hygienic market (Liquids division). With manufacturing plants and distribution sites across 23 countries, we have a global presence and employ over 2.000 employees worldwide. As part of our team, you'll contribute to innovative solutions and work in a thriving, diverse environment. Join us at Verder Group and be part of our mission to shape the future of sample preparation, analytical technologies, and specialized pumps on a global scale.
What do we offer?
In this role, you will work closely with senior management, gaining valuable experience and preparing yourself for a future management position. We offer a competitive salary matching your qualifications and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes a commuting allowance, retirement and disability plan, sport facilities, and a vibrant workplace located near Maxima Park. Enjoy daily fresh fruit, delicious coffee, and engaging (digital) Friday afternoon drinks as part of our team.